Objective of the evaluation session:
The objective of the evaluation session is to help you assess your ToK essay / Language Acquisition written assignment of ab initio / language B SL (for French / German / Spanish) based on IB criteria as well as guidelines given in the latest IB examiners’ report and identify areas for improvement apart from providing suggestions in the form of ideas.
Prerequisites for this session:
Five days before the confirmed session takes place, it is expected that the student fulfils the following depending on the chosen session:
• In case of walk – in session / skype session, the chosen ToK question / Language Acquisition written assignment topic with links of sources used must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. At the start of the walk – in session/ skype session, the ToK essay / Language Acquisition written assignment as a complete version respecting all the IB requirements related to word count, footnoting (except for language B SL) and bibliography must be brought as a hard copy during the walk – in session / must be shared on the screen during the skype session.
• In case of the email session, the chosen ToK essay / Language Acquisition written assignment as a complete version respecting all the IB requirements related to word count, footnoting (except for language B) and bibliography must be emailed to email@example.com.
What to expect:
• With respect to the walk – in / skype sessions, the 60 minute duration will involve a discussion on identifying areas of improvement with justifications, suggestions in the form of ideas and a range of scores that would be awarded for your task based on the marking given by a strict examiner, a moderate examiner and a lenient examiner.
• With respect to the email sessions, upon receipt of your ToK essay / Language Acquisition written assignment, we will from our end, after 3 working days*, send you a feedback on areas of improvement with justifications and suggestions in the form of ideas. This could be followed by one email from your end for clarifications of any points mentioned in the feedback and an email answer to the clarifications requested will be sent 2 working days* afterwards. This email will end the session of 2 email exchanges. If you wish to have the range of scores that would be awarded for your task based on the marking given by a strict examiner, a moderate examiner and a lenient examiner, this will be communicated to you telephonically.
* Saturday and Sunday are not working days at IBisREFLECTION.
What not to expect:
During the evaluation session, we do not offer the following services:
• To check your ToK essay / Language Acquisition written assignment for commonality and plagiarism. We assume that this stage will be done under your IB coordinator’s supervision. If you are guilty of intentional or unintentional plagiarism, you will bear the responsibility for this and we will not in any way be held responsible for this.
• To search for sites or footnoting references for you.
• While suggestions in the form of ideas will be given, we will not research further for online links or implement and incorporate these ideas into your task. (Since this might involve major changes in your task, this service will only be provided in the support sessions).
• Ideally, the one hour evaluation session in case of walk – in / skype session would be sufficient to help you receive an effective feedback of your task. However, this is subject to your ability to see our viewpoint. We offer you with the very best of intentions, the very best feedback. This is based on several years of experience. While your constructive participation is appreciated, we may not have much time to tarry on a particular argument put forward by you. This will only delay the process of feedback and prevent you from improving on your task.
• The sum of INR 2500/- is applicable for each evaluation session of ToK / Language Acquisition written assignments whether this takes place through skype / email or in person.
• No refund of any payment will take place.
Booking the session:
• For the walk- in session and the skype session, please fill the offline communication form in the “book a session” link.
• Once we receive your first communication requesting for a session, there will be an email exchange between us to confirm a mutually convenient time slot and date during which the session will take place along with the bank details for the online payment to be made in advance. We would like the payment to be made within 48 hours of this communication. Till such time, the session will not be confirmed. This will happen only after the payment is released at our end.
• After a mutual agreement to a time slot of a session and after the payment has been made, it will not be possible to change that time slot nor will any refund be possible.